Clear Linux* OS can run on very minimal hardware. For example, it can run on a system with a single core CPU, 128MB of memory, and 600MB of disk space.
Different use cases and applications will require different configurations. For general Clear Linux OS use, in addition to a supported processor, the recommended minimum requirements include:
Clear Linux* OS can run on any Intel® 64bit processors which support UEFI* and SSE* v4.1 streaming SIMD* instructions.
The following processor families have been verified to run Clear Linux OS:
- 2nd Generation, or later, Intel® Core™ processor family.
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E3
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E7
- Intel® Atom™ processor C2000 product family for servers – Q3 2013 version or later.
- Intel® Atom™ processor E3800 series – Q4 2013 version or later.
- Instruction Set = 64-bit
- Instruction Set Extensions = SSSE3
- Instruction Set Extensions = SSE 4.1
- Instruction Set Extensions = SSE 4.2
- Instruction Set Extensions = AES
- Instruction Set Extensions = PCLMUL
Memory: 4GB RAM
Hard Disk: 20GB HDD
Network: Active Internet connection
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics (required if running a GUI desktop)