A live image contains the complete Clear Linux* OS operating system and resides on a bootable media such as a USB drive or in a virtual machine (see Install Clear Linux* OS in a virtual machine). This is a great way to use Clear Linux OS without modifying your computer’s hard disk.
To create a bootable USB drive with a live image, follow our step-by-step instructions and use the latest Clear Linux OS live image from the image directory. Look for the clear-[version number]-live.img.xz file.
Boot the Clear Linux OS live image
- Configure the BIOS/UEFI firmware settings of the target system:
- Enable Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT).
- Enable Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (Intel® VT-d).
- Disable Secure Boot.
- Plug the imaged USB drive in and boot it up.
- Log in as root and set a password.